- Melville, NY, USA Melville NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ryan Specialty Group
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
RSG Underwriting Managers seeks an internal Auditor who is responsible for planning and completing internal audits as part of the internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing audit scope, procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect work performance results. Additionally, the internal Auditor will be responsible for leading testing, and executing risk based internal audits that provide management with on-going risk and control feedback.
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is a global specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for agents, brokers, and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty, and a collection of managing general underwriting companies, RSG Underwriting Managers.
Ryan Specialty Group seeks an internal Auditor who is responsible for planning and completing internal audits as part of the internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing audit scope, procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect work performance results. Additionally, the internal Auditor will be responsible for leading testing, and executing risk based internal audits that provide management with on-going risk and control feedback.
- Lead internal audit activities with responsibility for planning, execution and reporting results of financial compliance and operational audits.
- Participate in consultative reviews and special projects as needed.
- Perform risk assessments, business process analysis and compliance reviews.
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls, improve business processes, and verify that proper internal control safeguards are in place.
- Prepare reports to communicate audit results and recommendations to management.
- Resolve issues with management and follow up on action plans and recommendations.
- Assist with testing of the company's internal controls.
- Strong Communicator: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of channels, to individuals, or groups in a way that engages and impacts the audience. Proactively establishes relationships and routines to convey critical business information.
- Analytical Abilities/ Financial Acumen: Systematic applications of a combination of inductive and deductive reasoning to examine information, interpret results and arrive at a well-founded logical conclusions.
- Build Partnerships: Builds broad based-business relationships across the organization.
- Organization/ Time Management: Maintains an organized approach to managing daily activities. Further, is able to simultaneously juggle multiple demands to achieve optimal efficiency and productivity while ensuring business deadlines and requirements are met.
- Results Oriented: Exhibits strong drive for results and success; Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations. Additionally, persists despite obstacles, setbacks and competing influences.
- Teamwork: Fosters collaboration among team members and business partners throughout the organization. Shows skill and ease at working in groups and with senior leadership. Contributes ideas, opinions and skills toward the achievement of a common goal; views each success as a win for the organization.
* BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, or Business Administration.
* 5+ years of internal audit and/or insurance industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas.
* Experience with data analysis and extraction tools.
* Understanding of internal controls and control frameworks.
* Professional Certification (e.g, CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Knowledge of SQL a plus.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer