2020 Dow Jones Indices Summer Internship Program
JobDescription : S&P Dow Jones Indices Intern The Role:
Dow Jones Indices Summer Internship Program Location:
New York, NY The Impact:
Summer Interns will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Dow Jones Indices with achieving its mission to provide benchmarks that accurately gauge the markets and help institutions and individuals make well-informed decisions. An intern's responsibilities depend on the business group they support. Such groups include: Client Coverage, Product Management, Marketing, Index Development and Research & Development. . The Summer Internship Program will start June 2020. What's in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company.
- Grow and enhance your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies.
- Apply skills to real-world investment challenges, gain experience in communicating their ideas in a professional environment and tackle problems at the forefront of the debate between passive and active investing.
- The chance to meet with and network senior business leaders within the Indices unit.
As the world's largest resource for index-based innovation, data and research our mission is to bring independent, transparent and cost effective solutions to the global investment community. S&P Dow Jones Indices is at the forefront of index change and innovation. Our goal is to continue to anticipate and respond to how our clients see global investment opportunities. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Learn and understand the Company's business model and strategies to conduct business under governing laws and regulations.
- Utilize excel to conduct data analysis in response to internal and external inquiries.
- Updating and or creating presentations and other collateral to department & business initiatives.
- Performing data research and analysis to aid in the creation of new business opportunities.
- Utilizing various data vendor software to support the design of new indices.
- Performing data research and analysis to aid in the creation of new research papers and updating existing research papers.
- Conducting market research to support new product initiatives
- Updating and or creating presentations and other collateral to support sales & marketing initiatives
- Rising Senior from an accredited university or college is required
- All majors welcome; Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, and Finance majors preferred
- Coursework specifically in Math, Quantitative methods, Econometrics and other quantitative areas are ideal
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organizational abilities to work efficiently with team
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Coursework in Math, Quantitative methods, Econometrics and other quantitative areas
- Knowledge of programming languages such as VBA, Python or Matlab (preferred)
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC is the world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that fulfill the needs of investors. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 1,000,000 indices covering a wide range of asset classes across the globe, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC defines the way investors measure and trade the markets.
To learn more about our company, please visit http://www.spdji.com . EEO Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment
decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or
expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including
domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status,
unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please
send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster
discrimination protections under federal law.