2020 Summer Internship – Engineering & Technology
Job Description Our Engineering & Technology Internships deliver real world work experience. Through our Engineering & Technology internships, you will gain hands-on experience as a developing software engineer while working at the intersection of finance and technology. We leverage current and emerging technologies to help our clients manage risk and meet regulatory requirements. Our Engineering & Technology internships can also lead to full time opportunities within our Moody's Analytics Technology Rotation (MATR) program. Most importantly, you'll have the opportunity to work with smart, innovative, energetic, and fun people who will be committed to seeing you grow and succeed.
We Want You
- We seek curious problem solvers who enjoy learning new things, working with others, and continuously growing their interpersonal and technical skills.
- Be passionate and curious about learning and working with any or all of the following: Java, .NET, Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop, AngularJS, React, Python, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
- Moody's is currently seeking students from diverse STEM backgrounds with a strong focus on Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Software Engineering.
- Rising senior working toward a Bachelor's degree. Majoring in STEM, but not required
- Graduation Date: December 2020 - June 2021
What does this program offer?
- The experience to solve creative problems with Moody's Analytics.
- Collaboration with purpose. You'll work in small groups with other talented thinkers and interns using the latest technologies available for engineers.
- You'll help build the tools making it possible for our clients to solve the problems they face every day. Your work will have an impact.
- Work with people who care about your growth. Our teams are made up of talented professionals who take pride in both their work and focusing on your development.
Training and Development
During the approximate 10 week internship you will be provided high level corporate training, including personal branding, Microsoft Office Suite, corporate presence and more. You will also have access to online training modules that cover soft skills and technical training.
In addition to networking and community service opportunities, you'll also be partnered with a mentor for the duration of your internship and have the chance to connect with and learn from senior leaders and advisors as you take your first steps towards a successful career.
How to apply
Our interns are academic achievers with outstanding potential, so when you submit your application you should be able to demonstrate your ambition, your curiosity and the strength of your interest in your chosen field.
To start your application, follow the link below to find out about our current internships.
- Rising junior or rising senior working toward a Bachelor's degree. Majoring in STEM, but not required
- Graduation Date: December 2020 - June 2022
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.