2021 Americas Summer Analyst - New York Private Equity Fundraising/Private Fund Group
Credit Suisse Asset Management
In its Asset Management (AM) business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. Credit Suisse's AM business handles over $410 billion of assets for clients. These clients include governments, institutions, corporations and private individuals. In the New York office, our business focuses on alternative investment strategies, as well as capital raising by the Private Fund Group.
Private Fund Group
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with two main lines of business:
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Capital Solutions business, we advise on Secondary transactions for clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions. We also raise capital for direct or co-investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
We have professionals located in New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
About Our Program
Our ten-week program for rising college seniors provides excellent exposure to the alternative investment business. Summer Analysts are exposed to all elements of a transaction throughout the due diligence, deal preparation and marketing process. You'll also broaden your knowledge of the private equity business through rotations with the PFG's secondary advisory, direct investment and distribution teams. Additionally, you'll gain valuable experience by completing special projects, such as creating market maps or tracking returns across a market segment.
PFG Summer Analysts work on live deals and have direct interaction with clients. You'll analyze portfolio company financial performance, prepare marketing materials, work with distribution to drive investor interest, and manage road show coordination. As a result, you'll develop a deep understanding of the funds, companies and industries they evaluate, as well as experience in marketing funds. PFG Summer 2021 Analyst opportunities are located in New York and London and Hong Kong; PFG 2022 Full Time Analyst opportunities are available in New York, London and Hong Kong.
- Credit Suisse company orientation and a week of Asset Management and PFG training
- Continued learning and development during the summer from your PFG deal teams, our lunch & learn series, and rotations with PFG specialists
- A summer lunch series, where you'll hear from senior employees across different businesses
- Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Asset Management, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm