2021 Investment Management Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - Office of COO: Global Risk & Analysis (New York)
- The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team.
- Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM.
- During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to an Analyst.
- The Global Risk & Analysis Group (GRA) team offers the opportunity to identify, assess, manage and monitor risk across IM and provide reporting and analysis for clients, regulators, IM and Firm Management.
- The GRA summer analyst will be responsible for analysis, research and delivery of certain risk-focused projects. In addition, the analyst will perform data analysis, aggregation and reporting.
- Work as a member of the Investment and Liquidity Risk team to conduct analysis of key investment and liquidity risk
- Conduct stress testing and factor analysis on portfolios
- Identify changes in risk profiles and sources of risk
- Perform market risk research and present results
- Support risk reporting including refinement of key risk indicators and quantification of threshold levels
This program is an integral part of our diversity recruiting efforts, open to Black, Hispanic, Native American, and/or female college sophomores
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and will graduate between December 2022 to June 2023 with superior academic performance
- Highly motivated self-starter with a team orientation
- Demonstrated interest in global financial markets; previous experience in financial services industry preferred
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once and meet associated deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills