2021 Quantitative Finance Summer Program - PhDs (New York)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The Quantitative Finance Summer Program is an intensive 10-week program that provides Summer Associates the opportunity to work alongside full time professionals on impactful, quantitative projects. Summer Associates will work within an assigned team for the entirety of the program. These teams are primarily embedded within the Firm's Institutional Securities Group and Wealth Management organizations and provide critical quantitative solutions for the businesses they support including Bank Resource Management, Fixed Income, Global Capital Markets, Institutional Equity, Research, and Wealth Management divisions. The multi-faceted program features senior quant teach-in sessions, divisional speaker series, product area training, networking events, and community service. With individual coaching and continuous feedback, the program enables Summer Associates to experience and understand what a long-term career with the Firm entails. TRAINING PROGRAM
The Summer will kick off with a week-long introductory training program, which will provide an institutional contextualization to the work that Summer Associates will be doing through market-knowledge training, finance workshops, coding and product training. Following the training week, Summer Associates will continue to receive more individualized, on-the-job training as they join their assigned desks and begin their daily work and projects. Summer Associates will have a direct manager, as well as a program mentor, both of whom will act as invaluable resources throughout their time at Morgan Stanley. RESPONSIBILITIES
Morgan Stanley operates several teams which require experts in statistical analysis, applied mathematics, computer science and computational finance. These teams operate our leading trading platforms, market making operations and derivative structuring, pricing and risk management. The mathematical problems arising in these areas are subtle, complex and require a broad range of technical skills. As a Summer Associate, you will leverage the technical expertise you have been grooming in your academic studies, and apply it to extremely applied problems. Many of the applied problems and processes that you will work on are still unsolved and are yet to be optimized. QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You are pursuing a PhD degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Financial Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, or other related quantitative field.
- You are completing your degree during or after December 2021.
- You have excellent programming skills in C++, Java, Matlab, Python, R or Scala.
- You have strong mathematical academic training.
- You have a keen interest in financial markets.
- You have the drive and desire to work in an intense team-oriented environment.
- You have excellent decision-making abilities.
- You have strong communication skills.