2021 Sustainability, Research & Investment Solutions Summer Analyst - Investment Strategy and Research Economics
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Sustainability, Research & Investment Solutions (SRI) is an organization dedicated to supporting the divisions in delivering innovative products, content and solutions to our wealth management, corporate and institutional clients, in close partnership with the divisions. Being a leader in our core competencies is our objective, whether this be providing bespoke advisory on sustainable financing, thematic industry research or best in class house views. With the establishment of SRI, we accelerate the bank-wide evolution, innovation, and response required to support the changing needs of our clients, regulators and the markets in which we operate. Program Description
Our Economics team at Credit Suisse services covers forty economies globally. Our Summer analyst intern will work as a junior economist with our NY-based Latin America Economics team. The team provides analysis and commentary on Latin American countries for Credit Suisse sales and trading teams as well as external clients. In this role, you will be asked to help interpret economic data releases and breaking news bulletins as they pertain to Credit Suisse's economic views, help maintain economic databases for Latin American economies under coverage, assist senior economists in the drafting of long form economic reports on Latin American economies and in the publication of the Emerging Markets Economics Daily as well as other ad-hoc reports. Program Highlights
- A one-day company orientation followed by one week of training, including a capital markets overview, modeling/valuation review and a research product overview
- Continued learning and development through your desk placement, where you'll receive further training throughout the summer
- A summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior employees across the divisions
- Mentorship from a senior-level mentor, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
Social, community service, and networking opportunities that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of each of these types of opportunities. You Offer
Applicants should be between their junior and senior years at a four-year college or university during this program (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). The ideal candidate will speak Spanish and have a genuine interest in economic and political developments in Latin America. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities.
We're looking for:
- A leader who engenders loyalty, shows dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build enduring relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled individual committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Please apply via our career portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.