2022 Career Exploration Program
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2022 Summer Internship - Career Exploration Program
Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters & in Austin, TX
See yourself at PIMCO:
The Career Exploration Program's (CEP) focus is to provide undergrad sophomores from under-represented communities more equitable access to the financial services industry. At PIMCO, we acknowledge the importance of diverse perspectives in building an exceptional product and service for our clients and people. Throughout the summer program, accepted students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of career options within asset management and develop meaningful relationships through cross-department training and collaborative projects. Successful interns will have the opportunity to return the following summer for a more intensive focus in their primary area of interest. What to learn more? Hear from our past interns on The PIMCO Internship Experience. Business Overview:
Candidates are given the opportunity to select up to four businesses from the below list to be considered for:
Position Requirements: Eligibility Requirements:
- Client Management: Work with PIMCO's clients and prospects around the world to better understand their investment objectives, deliver appropriate solutions and deepen partnerships.
- Compliance: Combine both legal and compliance expertise to provide regulatory services to the firm and help control risks.
- Finance: The team is responsible for overall financial accounting oversight.
- Global Wealth Management: Work with financial advisors and intermediaries across the U.S. to understand their investment needs, provide customized client service and deliver the right investment solutions.
- Human Resources: Provide best-in-class employee experience solutions and focus on strategic initiatives related to talent acquisition, talent development, total rewards, workforce analytics, human capital strategy, and firm culture.
- Marketing: Use modern communication strategies to enhance the way PIMCO connects with clients and drives business growth around the world.
- Operations: Oversee investment operations across asset classes, manage data operations such as asset information and pricing, and administrate global fund complexes by offering an array off fund services to shareholders.
- Product Strategy: Provide business leadership for firm products by understanding client needs and delivering value-added solutions.
- Technology: Engineer innovative solutions to create insights and deliver value to the firm, our clients and the industry for years to come.
- Current undergraduate students with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- 3.0 minimum cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited US-based college or university
- Business proficient in English
- Self-identify as a member of a historically underrepresented minority group in the financial services industry (such as Black and Hispanic/Latinx)
- Interested in exploring the many career paths within investment management including: Business Management, Client Management, Compliance, Finance, Global Wealth Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, Product Strategy and Technology
- Demonstrated interest in financial services (preferred but not required)
- Strong communication, leadership, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve efficiently
- Strong work ethic and integrity; balance between being team-oriented and self-motivated