Are you a talented data engineer that wants to get closer to the business? Are you passionate about data and how it can be used in investing? If so, we need people like you to help us:
– build solutions to ingest, enrich and automate data for use in customer experience enhancement, and alpha generation
– creation of new capabilities and modules in our data pipeline
– integrate data solutions into our existing strategic framework and help enhance the modeling capabilities of the application
A brand new group based around Big Data and Artificial Intelligence, looking at what is available when you take an un-silo approach to information from the trading floor. We thrive on innovation and work as a start-up within a well-established and well-funded investment bank. You will be joining a team of ex-traders, quants and programmers that are helping to scale and build the business. The team partners with different teams across the Equities Trading floor, and with clients, to develop innovative data pipeline solutions and expand the department into new areas. We will have both a clear revenue, and a clear cost saving monetary attribution.
– 5-10+ years of software engineering experience
– bachelor's degree in STEM or finance related disciplines
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out!)
– experience in building distributed application(s) in core java or python (both a plus)
– experience building data pipelines using any Big Data tools like Cloudera, Spark, Hadoop etc. would be a plus.
– experience working with row and/or columnar databases, and query optimization
– experience in working on multiple tiers of a n-tier application and writing automation tools
– very strong written and verbal communication skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.