Morgan Stanley's Automated Market Making ("AMM") Team is looking for a trader to join the US team.
The AMM Team consists of traders, quantitative strategists, software developers, hardware developers, infrastructure and networking specialists, and data architects all collaborating to build and expand a cutting-edge system that trades over 1,000,000 securities on 2,500 underliers across 15 options exchanges. The desk operates at the intersection of finance and technology, and many of the system designs and models used to drive the engine sit on the forefront of innovation. Traders work on the frontline of the system and are expected to collaborate with the aforementioned teams to deliver real-time feedback and ideas that can take the group to the next level. These interactions require traders to combine their understanding of market risk and microstructure with a technical familiarity of data science, mathematical modeling, and IT systems so that the group can incorporate a trader's view of market dynamics into the design of the system.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Can perform and communicate sound, logical reasoning when solving a problem
- Approach tasks with meticulous attention to detail
- Can pick up a multitude of broad, integrated concepts quickly
- Can both synthesize large, complex problems and be able to dive into detail when necessary
- Can communicate research and findings with people with various backgrounds, skillsets, and expertise
- Demonstrate a healthy curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Have an interest in finance and markets
- Are comfortable with large datasets and are able to understand, scrutinize, identify issues, and make sound conclusions on the data
- Have a background in a technical aptitude: Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or a related field
- Are familiar with coding languages (e.g. Python and Q) and research platforms (e.g. Jupyter).
Though there is an expectation to show aptitude in the technical skills at the end of the list above, a deep understanding is not required to apply. Above all, we are looking for individuals who can combine their skills and the qualities above with an eagerness and excitement to learn things outside of their comfort zone.