- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
API Implementation Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAThis position is primarily for an application development & support engineer within the Economics & Structured Analytics and Valuations (ESA) division of Moody's Analytics. You will be an integral part of our API Team which is responsible for delivering Structured Finance Analytics and content through local and hosted solutions, and enabling complex implementations with internal as well as external platforms. This is a very dynamic role in the sense that it will provide exposure to multiple products that are catered by ESA and involve client interaction on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with members within the team throughout all phases of API implementations.
- Develop expertise in how different modules/processes interact with each other.
- Modularize our applications using modern open source technologies.
- Design & develop new solutions using APIs and micro services.
- Work on cloud integration efforts and support replacement of our legacy web applications.
- Perform code optimization, cleanup and reorganization in an effort to make the API offering more robust and scalable.
- Real time support of our production processes and client integrations.
Moody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and financial information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries. Moody's Analytics Structured Finance API is a flexible and cutting edge content delivery platform, which provides an end-to-end integration of economic, credit and cash flow models.
- BA or BA degree, preferably in Technology/Business/Mathematics/Statistics or Equivalent
- Experience in building software processes/applications.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Working knowledge in JAVA, C# and C++ programming language.
- Knowledge or experience working in LINUX environment.
- Knowledge of any NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Knowledge of caching technologies such as Redis, MemCache is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude in general.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.