ARM, PSDO - CCIB
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The ARM provides direct sales support to the Senior Banker / Banker to originate new business and in partnership with the Senior Banker / Banker is jointly accountable for client revenues / profitability.
The ARM Responsibilities include:
- Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker(s)/Banker(s) with transactional support on new business origination activities (i.e. client research, pitch books, industry leads, etc. including coordination with network and product partners)
- Client analysis, reporting on post origination activities, client meeting documentation
- Support Senior Banker(s)/Banker(s) on sales discipline requirements (i.e. Account Planning process, pipeline maintenance, client call reports, preparation of deal approval submissions (RCAF/GCAF/emails/memos)
- New transactions: deal execution support, credit documentations, limit loading, coordination with sales / product on fee letters, deal drawdown
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization
- Preparations of briefing notes for senior management / network roadshows
- Active participation of internal and external calls
- As part of the PSDO Americas Team, support building and maintaining of PSDO relationships
- Develop a strong understanding of the industry and client's business, strategies, buying centers, decision making levels and processes
- Where needed, act in GAM / FAM capacity for PSDO names. In the absence of GAM support the requisite portfolio as named delegate
- Provide direct support to the Senior Banker / Banker on all origination activities for the assigned ARM portfolio:
- In partnership with the Senior Banker / Banker the ARM is jointly accountable for client revenues / profitability through the provision of origination support including:
- Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker / Banker with transactional support on client research and meeting preparation / documentation, (i.e. pitch book preparation, research into industry trends etc, coordinating with product and other key stakeholders across the network to ensure client materials are of the highest quality and client focused
- Complete bespoke client analysis as required including competitor analysis reflecting SCB's value proposition vs peers, complete relevant reporting on post origination activities, client meeting documentation
- Ensure adherence to all sales discipline requirements, i.e. provide support to the Senior Banker / Banker on Account planning, deal pipeline and call report administration / discipline, as agreed with the Banker
- Provide support on new business transactions, i.e. deal execution support, credit documentation, limit loading, coordination with Product sales on fee letters, deal drawdown, leading both internal and external calls for negotiation of legal documentation.
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization. Identify client needs and align internal resources in line with Bank's strategy and risk appetite.
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities. For both Tier 1 and Tier 2 clients, lead the internal team to ensure up to date internal reporting on revenue, GAM changes, client calling, pipeline activity, heat maps, and monthly client meetings
- Liaise with CMs, CAs, and IMO to ensure client portfolio and static data is managed appropriately in all relevant Bank systems and up to date
The Senior Banker / Banker is responsible for the overall Client Group Plan / Client Strategy. The ARM is responsible for supporting the Senior Banker / Banker in the Account Planning (client strategy) process and is responsible for providing support with this process:
- Work with the product partners to maximize cross-sell and returns on RWA
- Ensure all relevant client team members / internal stakeholders have been appropriately engaged with respect to the planning and communication of the relevant approved strategy for each client
- In partnership with product partners, ensure appropriate line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Review client profitability data for clients and discuss opportunities / concerns with Senior Banker / Banker
- Participate in conversations with clients to understand their needs and discuss the account strategy and related opportunities, transactions, pricing etc
- In partnership with the Banker / Credit Analyst, identify clients that need to be classified as Early Alert with Credit and/or transferred to GSAM
- On-going client engagement and vigilant monitoring of client performance with a deep understanding of the client's overall industry business, performance and outlook.
- Support the pro-active engagement and management of internal deal teams (all relevant product and functional partners) for complex transactions. Ensure all sensitive deal information is managed and treated confidentially.
- As agreed with Senior Banker / Banker, drive product and geography cross sell with clients
- Support relevant internal teams on periodic reviews with requested information / engage with client (if required) particularly during periods of market volatility
- Support exemplary deal management from origination to post deal ensuring at all times completion of relevant documentation, fulfilment of deal conditions and monitoring post fund disbursement.
- Support the Senior Banker / Banker in facilitating RFP responses, engaging relevant stakeholders.
- Oversight with CM and Credit to complete on-going monitoring against revolving business environment and ensure risk triggers and transaction covenants are satisfactorily reviewed and attended to.
- Work closely with clients to understand buying behaviour and needs in order to right size limits to ensure optimal usage, maximize the client RoRWA and reduce drag on assets.
- Actively undertake tail management of client base to ensure that clients remain on strategy and relevant. Otherwise, initiate exit process to manage out the client.
- Ensure data quality of all AML and Credit documents/files meets CIB standards to facilitate Banker decisions on risk acceptance
- Escalate any identified Operational Risk issues to the Senior Banker / Banker (or BORM in the absence of the Senior Banker / Banker)
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [US / FI / Client Manager] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: including but not limited to: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator, PRA/FCA prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation where relevant.
- Senior Banker / Banker for designated portfolio
- Product Sales Managers for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Network - PSDO RAMs/FAMs
- Key functional partners i.e. IMO, CET, Credit, CDU, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- CM Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team
- Clients across the footprint
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
- Regulators and governing bodies
- Bachelor's degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 5+ years' experience in banking or another relevant environment
- Risk & AML where stipulated by Bank policy
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.