ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Position Summary: This role sits within the business and is responsible for improving and managing the day-to-day operations of the analytical practices. The Business Management group does not engage in rating activities but is responsible for working with the Commercial, Technology, Data and Operations groups from within the analytical organization to ensure that business processes and their supporting components are designed, implemented and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the Head of Business Management for the practice.
- Champions remediation efforts stemming from internal or external regulatory or audit findings, including the design and implementation of improvements to business processes
- Works closely with In-Business Controls officers across practices and regions to ensure that process changes are implemented with strong, measurable controls, and takes action on strengthening those controls where necessary
- Acts as senior technical expert within Business Management, and possesses a reputation for thought leadership and introducing new methods to enhance operational performance in the organization related to business processes, technology changes, and data management. Is a strategic influencer
- Actively supports the analytical practices at Tier 2 and Tier 3 level in identifying, solving and escalating problems
- Champions and manages operational projects to plan and implement process improvements across regions and practices in accordance with lean management principles (Way We Work)
- Identifies strategic opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through close observation of day-to-day activities, and takes action on those opportunities
- Creates Standard Work that is applicable across practices and regions and takes accountability for its sharing and adoption
- Manages relationships with the Operations, Data and Technology and, importantly, Commercial, Finance and HR teams on behalf of the regional practice, with the oversight and support of senior members of Business Management, and drives continuous improvement in those areas
- Analyzes and resolves complex, non-routine analytical or business problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Oversees and improves the use of metrics within the analytical practices, including coaching Analytical Managers on target setting and the use of metrics to achieve objectives
- Takes ownership of reviewing and updating SOPs to meet organizational goals of streamlining and simplifying operational processes, working closely with the SOP group
- Directs and supports user training on operational changes, including changes to systems and processes
Candidates must have 5+ years of experience either within an analytical practice or within an operational team, and must demonstrate either deep knowledge of one or more analytical areas or broad knowledge of the range of operational processes implemented within Ratings. As this is an Associated role that acts as a liaison between the Analytical and Commercial parts of the organization, candidates must display a heightened awareness of and sensitivity to our regulatory context and the firewalls that exist within Ratings. Candidates should also have the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree is required, MBA or CFA highly preferred
- Demonstrated application of lean management principles
- A demonstrated ability to analyse and simplify business processes and design effective controls, with a strong awareness of the complexity of doing so in a multi-jurisdictional regulated entity
- A strong understanding of the metrics necessary to monitor the health of the organization, and of how those metrics can be used to improve operational effectiveness
- Demonstrated project management experience
- The ability to work with sensitivity and awareness across the Commercial and Analytic sides of the organization
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong influencing and negotiating capabilities
- The ability to create, manage and drive effective relationships within the practice and with the In-Business Controls function to ensure that process and system changes, including those stemming from remediation, are implemented
- The ability to understand the nuances of processes and think clearly about solutions for competing priorities
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.