- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Apr 18
AVP - CCAR Controls & Assurance (NY) # 107443
The Americas Capital planning and Resolution team has formed a team that provides line risk, control oversight and management information to Senior Management. Control and Assurance is a key function that is responsible for working in partnership with all areas across the various capital planning functions to identify key control points and to ensure that the overall control environment is robust and aligned with FRB's expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring operational/control risks are identified and mitigated in areas of people, processes and systems.
AVP role in the Americas Capital planning and resolution Control & Assurance team in New York, key responsibilities are to:
- Positively impact the development and implementation of the risk and control framework for the CCAR Central Office Function, with appropriate alignment to bank-wide standards.
- Provide risk expertise and structured thinking to Ad-hoc projects and tasks such as; designing and implementing risk and control assessments; evaluating data and development of senior management reporting.
- Seek out and engage SMEs across the organization to help develop best practice and roll out guidance for core control activities or relevant risk topics. Tactically produce guidelines and re-engineer processes; partner with other parts of Capital planning processes to help manage implementation.
- Perform and at times lead Ad-hoc assurance / deep-dive reviews with a risk and control based approach, covering hot topics and in response to high risk areas or important themes.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Minimum of 3 yrs Operational Risk and Control experience or a proven track record in a similar risk related discipline (e.g Audit, Consulting). Supplemented with wider financial business and product knowledge from other roles.
- Delivery focused - A proven ability to successfully manage projects / reviews / tasks to completion at a high standard. Understand and apply policy and create practical and simple operational risk guidelines based off several data points and previous incidents.
- Strong communication skills - candidate will be expected to articulate complex operational risk issues in a structured,
targeted and impactful manner to stakeholders and management.
- Creative and inquisitive mindset - Strategic thinker with ability to evaluate problems at a high level and then deep-dive into specific aspects; Questioning the status quo and identifying issues and improvements with a desire to develop professional relationships at all levels within the firm.
- A Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting/Auditing discipline. Further relevant qualifications such as CPA, CIA or MBA desirable.
- Experience across a range of Shared Services functions (such as Product Control, Operations or Financial Accounting) would also be desirable.
- Intermediate PowerPoint & Excel required as baseline skills (advanced skills preferred).