AVP - Solution Architect
Job Description Description The AVP - Solution Architect role will be a part of the Moody's IT Architecture team and will have several key responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to solution development teams in accordance with published best practices and standards
- Participate in design sessions to understand business needs and functional / non-functional requirements, and apply appropriate patterns and practices
- Facilitate solution architecture working sessions with infrastructure and operations teams
- Participate in governance of solution design and development through Moody's IT architecture governance processes and bodies
- Adopt new technologies and patterns while mitigating associated risk
- Represent data architecture concerns in design, implementation and deployment reviews
- Lead proofs of concept and prototypes of leading and emerging technologies
Provide guidance to business, solution development and operations teams in applying leading and emerging technologies
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related technical field required.
- 7+ years related work experience in solution architecture in specific product stack that includes SalesForce, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP or Oracle Finance ERP suites.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Good communication and written skills
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, implementing applications through agile and waterfall SDLCs.
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining Solution Architectures and technology (UML, design patterns, independent / micro-services, etc. )
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
- Knowledge of business process technology implementation with regards to SaaS products for Sales, Customer Management, Product Management, Contract Management, Procurement, Billing, Finance, HR, and Financial Planning & Forecasting.
- Knowledge of leading Business Intelligence/Reporting tools or reporting database design is preferred
- Experience with application security technologies and approaches
- Strong experience with Java 1.7 / Java EE 6 and above.
- Strong experience in Object oriented design and development; ability to create design artifacts using various UML diagram types and other notations
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux platform. .NET experience a plus
- Strong experience in developing services using SOAP, REST and messaging platforms
- Knowledge of SOA application development using ESB such as MuleSoft
- Experience with message driven application development using IBM MQ or Active MQ and JMS.
- RDBMS experience developing and designing databases and SQL a plus
- Strong experience with open source technologies such as Spring Framework, Hibernate, Java caching
- Experience developing reactive distributed applications, real time data pipelines & streaming applications, large-scale data processing applications, and Microservices.
- Experience with software change and configuration management processes and tools, such as Subversion, Git, Jira
- Experience with software build technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Sonarqube/Coverity and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.