- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18
AVP - Systems Engineering –(Automation)
Location: New York, NY, USAThis is a challenging position in the Infrastructure Services team requiring a wide array of skills in systems engineering, automation and collaboration technologies. We are looking for a very senior engineer with primary focus on automation, core windows systems and other technologies. The candidate will be joining a very dynamic environment where he/she will be expected to take on challenges and comfortably be able to multitask and prioritize between many different project/daily tasks and deliver on time. The candidate is expected to be able to independently lead projects from start to end (technology research, tool selection, solution design, solution engineering, implementation and hand over to operations). Innovation and the eagerness to continuously keep up to date with the most cutting-edge technologies are some of the key qualities that this candidate must have.
- Delivery of effective engineering solutions for Active Directory/DNS/GPO/PKI/RDS/Cross Platform Security and other windows infrastructure applications as well as creation of associated design and operating documentation.
- Will be leading/involved in engineering/implementation of many in flight/new windows security tools at Moody's.
- Provide advanced level expertise to different Moody's teams as it relates to windows Active Directory/DNS/LDAP/Kerberos/Terminal Services/Public key Infrastructure etc.
- Effectively and Independently take on and manage tasks/work inside multiple projects simultaneously.
- l ead the triage of complex technical issues related to Infrastructure applications and a multitude of other variables in the mix .
- Perform periodic infrastructure applications assessments and documentation review as part of our application governance.
- Automation of many different daily manual tasks via PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Ensure adherence to standards, best practices, and alignment with overall architecture goals.
Moody's Information Technology
- Strong understanding and experience on Microsoft Core Infrastructure and windows security are a must.
- Expertise on Active Directory/DNS/PKI/GPO/DFS/RDS.
- Windows OS expertise (XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/2003/2008/2012/2016).
- Expertise with some of the windows security tools(Avecto/CyberArc/Bit9/Symantec/Quest Tools, QPM,RMAD,ARS, GPOAdmin etc) is required.
- Strong understanding of security concepts(SSL, PKI, IPSec, VPNs, Firewalls, DMZ, Proxy, attacks) is required.
- Automation skills are a must, PowerShell is preferred. Other programming languages are a must have.
- Expertise with collaboration tools(Webex, Slack, Skype and Teams) is necessary.
- The ability to be able to document, diagram, and flowchart complex design concepts is a must.
- Strong communication; verbal, written and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study.
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.