- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Mar 18
AVP - Talent Acquisition Relationship Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Moody's Global Talent Acquisition department supports over 10,000 colleagues globally. The team is aligned into 3 regions (US/Americas, EMEA, APAC) and is focused on attracting, engaging and acquiring diverse high quality talent for Moody's.
As the AVP - Talent Acquisition Relationship Manager you will be responsible for stakeholder management, executive recruiting, project management and analytics for your assigned client groups within the US/Americas. You will report directly to the US/Americas Head of Talent Acquisition.
Your main responsibility will be to work closely with senior business leaders and hiring managers and the Recruiters assigned to those clients, to design and execute region wide talent acquisition strategies to identify, attract and hire high-quality talent for the business/region. This requires building strong relationships with hiring teams and the Recruiters and working to influence and facilitate optimal hiring outcomes. You will also serve as a subject matter expert for these key stakeholder groups and provide frequent updates on recruiting activity.
As an experienced recruiter, you will also execute senior level executive searches within your designated client groups and work on special projects.
Essential responsibilities include:
Internal Client Relationships
- Partnering with Regional business leaders, Recruiters, HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders to analyze business goals, identify talent needs and/or gaps associated with those goals, and develop and implement programs to find the right talent.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the organization's business models, operations, financial goals, competitive position and talent strategy
- Building strong two-way relationships with hiring managers, providing support (and at times delivery) throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- Developing strong relationships with and effectively persuading and influencing executives on talent needs and strategies
- Providing value-add recruiting advice and demonstrating understanding of talent needs to hiring managers and key senior leaders/decision makers
- Assisting in the design and implementation of external candidate recruiting programs that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce and support Moody's workplace diversity goals
- Strengthen existing and identify new sources of hires and develop a network of external talent who can positively impact business outcomes in the future.
- Build relationships with talented executive level candidates, taking the time to understand their career aspirations, professional goals and educate them on Moody's Employment Value Proposition.
- Demonstrate extensive labor market expertise for the markets relevant to the designated customer group and work with client group to utilize this information to the best advantage of the company
- Negotiate complex and creative offer terms
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Executive Compensation as it impacts recruitment in order to be knowledgeable about and able to appropriately explain Moody's benefits and recruitment related policies and programs
- Manage a small group of recruiting team members at various levels to execute the Talent Acquisition strategy aligned to business requirements for their client group.
- Provide strategic guidance, enablement, thought leadership and operational assistance to the team
- Guide recruiters to build, develop and manage a network/database of key competition and talent utilizing and leveraging innovative techniques.
- Optimize the team's ability to achieve delivery, quality, diversity and cost targets for recruitment and ensure compliance and control of all recruitment activities and processes.
Project Management, Strategy & Marketing
- Independently lead and manage significant scale regional or global HR related projects through the management and input of wider HR team members and contribute towards other recruiting team / projects
- Partnering with Diversity and Inclusion to support Moody's diversity programs including support of campus recruiting and summer internship programs.
- Providing input into the regional recruitment strategy to ensure alignment with business and HR goals
- Establishing and maintain contacts with employment sources, such as colleges/universities, search firms, trade associations, etc.
- Partnering with senior management, HR business partners and hiring managers to identify current and future hiring needs and workforce planning strategies
- Analyzing regional recruiting team success against metrics for client groups and creating and executing plans to achieve on-going improvements in results that will increase retention in the business.
- Providing insight and support to gain operational efficiencies and practices that drive strong performance across all recruitment-related metrics including Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Cost per Hire and Source effectiveness.
- Gathering and analyzing competitive industry information regarding salary, benefits and employment practices and advise management appropriately
- Maintaining accurate and up to date recruiting data. Create and distribute recruiting activity reports and budgets as required. Conduct management presentations regarding recruiting activity as needed.
HR Tools and Technology
- Work in collaboration with HR Service Delivery leader that supports effective and efficient recruiting processes, employment branding and leverages social media to attract the best talent.
- Proactively research and investigate trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
Human Resources/Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years or more of progressively responsible HR-related experience, of which at least 5 or more were in a senior recruiting / talent acquisition role; executive recruiting experience a plus
- 2+ years in a managerial/supervisory role
- A background working in both a corporate and agency/vendor environment is ideal
- Strong track record of developing, implementing and managing the strategy for talent sourcing, acquisition and mapping
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and practices relating to talent acquisition, including best practices in social media usage.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills that will enable the building of a deep and trusted relationships
- Comfortable working in a global and multi-cultural environment where collaboration, cooperation, consensus building, persuasion and a team approach to management is the norm
- Ability to be flexible when needed, to take initiative, and to demonstrate accountability
- Oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Excellent project management and organization skills in order to work and lead several initiatives simultaneously, effectively and efficiently
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.