AVP, Counterparty Credit Risk
Credit Risk Management Position Description: * As a part of Credit Risk Management, monitor counterparty exposure and effectively manage risk in derivatives transactions. * Works with Credit Officer conducting portfolio analysis and making recommendations to manage counterparty risk. * Conduct What-if analysis on counterparty exposure
Credit Risk Management
- As a part of Credit Risk Management, monitor counterparty exposure and effectively manage risk in derivatives transactions.
- Works with Credit Officer conducting portfolio analysis and making recommendations to manage counterparty risk.
- Conduct What-if analysis on counterparty exposure for new transactions.
- Resolve credit issues and works with Legal in ISDA negotiation.
- Analyze counterparty exposure on various OTC derivatives products with parameters such as Expected Positive Exposure (EPE) and Potential Future Exposure (PFE).
- Conduct backtesting for EPE measurement and provide analysis.
- Work with IT in designing and implementing technology solutions to business (OTC derivatives) requirements
- Provide counterparty risk reporting for BHC Credit Desk.
- Improve reporting infrastructure.
- Serve as main “help desk” contact for trades with regards AFPD (Project Finance) deals.
- Responsible for running end of day credit process and reporting excess.
- Prepare summary application using application provided by RM Office to obtain approval to establish/renew credit limit for derivatives transactions.
- Responsible for producing firm-wide credit risk regulatory capital reports (US Basel III and IMM) and governing the credit risk capital data controls process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours: 9am to 6:30pm on average
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, or Economics preferred.
- Strong skills in Excel/VBA, Windows O/S as well as database skills.
- Minimum 3 – 5years experience in capital markets as a professional in Credit Risk Management / Credit Analysis preferred.
- Some experience in capital markets as a professional in credit risk is preferred.
- OTC derivatives product knowledge preferred.
- Excellent written skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to follow-up
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.