- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
AVP, Research Writer
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role
Moody's Investors Service is looking for a Research Writer to support its Structured Finance Group, which provides credit ratings, research and risk analysis on a broad range of structured finance transactions.
The candidate will help develop research publications and work with analysts to improve the quality of research. The candidate will also coordinate with Moody's communication strategists and other internal divisions involved with delivering Moody's research to the market. The candidate will work closely with analysts, helping to shape sector reports and other topical research so that the content is readable and communicates pointed and clear analytical conclusions.
- Improve the quality of research as measured by our writing standards
- Improve the research process
- Encourage and propose research ideas
- Foster partnerships with the analysts and their teams
The MIS Research Group manages research operations for MIS globally. Its research writers work closely with credit analysts, focusing on specific coverage areas such as corporates, structured finance, public, project and infrastructure finance, sovereigns and financial institutions.
- A relevant university degree, such as economics, business, finance, or journalism
- Candidates from academia with relevant experience will also be considered
- Substantial experience in financial journalism or financial writing, reporting and editing within a reputable news or research organization
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of capital markets, and the debt markets in particular
Key Skills - Technical
- Strong writing skills. Strong headline-writing and copy-editing skills are essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Ability to ensure ongoing self-development
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient work practices
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Reliance on using own initiative without close supervision
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.