- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18
AVP Technology Recruiter
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Moody's Global Talent Acquisition department supports over 10,000 colleagues globally. The team is aligned into 3 regions (US/Americas, EMEA, APAC) and focused on attracting, engaging and acquiring diverse high quality talent for Moody's three business entities.
As the AVP Technology Recruiter you will work with technology hiring managers across Moody's to provide full lifecycle best practice recruitment service. You will execute talent acquisition strategies to identify, attract and hire high-quality technology talent for the business, utilizing active and passive sourcing techniques to fill existing and future job openings. You will report directly to the US/Americas Head of Talent Acquisition.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Partnering with senior management and hiring leaders, HR business partners and hiring managers to identify current and future hiring needs and workforce planning strategies
- Managing and executing full life-cycle recruiting for technology positions in the region
- Autonomously manage and consistently deliver successful executive level searches
- Aligning recruiting processes to best support the client group's current and future staffing needs within the HR service delivery framework.
- Utilizing various tools and resources to effectively evaluate talent in a variety of methods in order to ensure that the company is selecting highly qualified and engaged professionals to join the organization
- Providing value-add recruiting advice to hiring managers and key senior leaders/decision makers to influence and persuade talent decisions and strategies
- Demonstrating understanding of talent needs of hiring managers and job requirements to assess candidate quality, skills and fit to identify the best candidate for a position
- Advising management on appropriate recruitment methods and salary ranges
- Design and implement external candidate recruiting programs that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce and support Moody's workplace diversity goals
- Be knowledgeable about and able to appropriately explain Moody's total rewards, benefits and recruitment related policies and programs
- Negotiate complex and creative offer terms
- Provide guidance and support to the technology sourcing specialist in the development of effective sourcing strategies and channels to identify quality talent
- Strengthen existing and identify new sources of hires and develop relationships with external top performers who can positively impact business outcomes in the future.
- Demonstrate labor market expertise for the markets in which you recruit
Recruiting Strategy & Marketing
- Develop, recommend and communicate recruiting strategies, including sourcing and acquisition strategies; recruiting tools and processes; talent mapping and systems.
- Implement external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce.
- Partnering with Diversity and Inclusion to support Moody's diversity programs including support of campus recruiting and summer internship programs.
- Provide input into the regional recruitment strategy to ensure alignment with business and HR goals
- Attend business and / or networking functions to build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships over a long period of time with potential senior-level candidates with the goal to ultimately attract them to Moody's
- Establish and maintain contacts with employment sources, such as colleges/universities, employment agencies, search firms, associations, etc.
- Create and foster relationships with colleges and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit alumni and diversity candidates
- Gather and analyze competitive industry information regarding salary, benefits and employment practices and advise management appropriately
- Maintain accurate and up to date recruiting data. Create and distribute recruiting activity reports and budgets as required. Conduct management presentations regarding recruiting activity as needed.
- Implement operational efficiencies and practices that drive strong performance across all recruitment-related metrics including Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Cost Per Hire and Source effectiveness.
- Partnering with Regional business leaders, AVP Relationship Managers, HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders to analyze business goals, identify talent needs and/or gaps associated with those goals, and develop and implement programs to find the right talent
- Demonstrating understanding of the organization's business models, operations, financial goals, competitive position and talent strategy
- Building strong two-way relationships with hiring managers, provide support throughout the recruitment lifecycle, assist hiring managers with reconciling between ideal and practical staffing needs and ensure high-level service delivery
- Extensive experience developing strong relationships with and effective at persuading and influencing executives.
- Building relationships with talented executive level candidates, taking the time to understand their career aspirations, professional goals and educate them on Moody's Employment Value Proposition.
HR Tools and Technology
- Work in collaboration with other groups that supports effective and efficient recruiting processes, employment branding and leverages social media to attract the best talent.
- Proactively research and investigate trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
- Manage a regionally based team of recruiters and administrators supporting all recruiting activities for one specific client group.
- Guide recruiters to build, develop and manage a network/database of key competition and talent worldwide utilizing and leveraging innovative techniques
Human Resources/Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 8-10 years or more of progressively responsible HR-related experience, of which at least 5 or more were in a Technology senior recruiting / talent acquisition role; executive recruiting experience
- A background working in both a corporate and agency/vendor environment specializing in technology roles
- Significant experience recruiting for software engineers and technical roles, knowledge of latest technologies and nomenclature
- Technology marketplace knowledge to help design effective strategies to attract senior level IT candidates
- Experience within the financial services and/or software industries, advantageous
- Strong track record of developing, implementing and managing the strategy for talent sourcing, acquisition and mapping
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and practices relating to talent acquisition, including best practices in social media usage.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills that will enable the building of a deep and trusted relationships
- Comfortable working in a global and multi-cultural environment where collaboration, cooperation, consensus building, persuasion and a team approach to management is the norm
- Ability to be flexible when needed, to take initiative, and to demonstrate accountability
- Oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Excellent project management and organization skills in order to work and lead several initiatives simultaneously, effectively and efficiently
- Microsoft Office, including intermediate Excel
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) essential, Kenexa 2xBrassring, advantageous, along with other specialist recruitment software (eg. Avature), LinkedIn Recruiter, Talent Neuron and / or others)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.