AV Events & Operations: Coordinator & Production Assistant
Bloomberg is a fast-paced environment that values transparency, innovation, and productivity. Our products are fueled by robust information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients around the clock - from around the world.
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain is a global function that focuses on the employee experience and delivering the right capabilities to empower our workforce. With over 20,000 employees across 176 offices around the world - collaboration is crucial. An integral part of the Workplace Operations & Supply chain operation is the Global Audio Visual Operations Team. The AV team supports the institutional collaboration technology and delivers outstanding service during events. Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories: Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure, AV Design / Build Management, and Digital Signage. We facilitate real-time face-to-face interactions and connect decision-makers with information - allowing business to happen anywhere. We are vital to the firm's scalability and provide the communication tools to achieve commercial and product development goals. The Opportunity:
As the lead AV coordinator & production assistant, you will play a critical role in supporting our events at Bloomberg. The position is to understand the technical requirements of the event spaces, manage the multi-purpose rooms and distribute the workload across the Americas team to achieve the best possible outcome for the events. You will do this by collaborating with our internal stakeholders, Global Events, Hospitality, and Facilities to ensure rooms are appropriately booked and equipped to support the technology needs of the event. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Manage the incoming requests and distribution of workload across the America's team
- Create the schedule and oversee the day-to-day operations of vendor support
- Partner with our Internal Support partners to reserve spaces with the appropriate setup/dismantle time based on AV requirements and complexities.
- Coordinate and assist with equipment setup, breakdown, testing of equipment
- Own the vendor budget, approve invoices, and procure equipment rentals
- Perform various audio visual related administrative tasks, including making and maintaining equipment lists, tracking equipment warranties, uploading recordings to our digital asset management system, and researching potential equipment upgrades
- Support high-priority events and special projects as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ensure engineers are cross-trained on all AV systems
What we would love to see:
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of live theater, touring concert, or production experience
- Experience in event staging, sound reinforcement, production lighting, and audio & video production
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Produce dashboards displaying success metrics for each event
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with discretion, diplomacy, and tact in high-pressure settings
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and act responsively
Does this sound like you?
- Audio DSP, video processing, control system platform certifications (e.g., Biamp, Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron)
- Network security and vulnerability standard methodologies knowledge
- Agile and product development environment experience
- Experience working with and directing union and non-union personnel
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.