- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAThe AWS Cloud Engineer will work within the Enterprise Architecture team supporting an initiative to build prototypes, PoCs, and contribute to the development of reference architectures for future development of cloud hosted and cloud-native applications. This role will need to not only build working prototypes also be able to show others how to use these newer technologies. This position will be a key part of the team tasked with modernizing the technology strategy of Moody's in the future by helping to experiment with cutting edge products and services.
The successful candidate will have experience in prototyping technology solutions using modern technologies and design patterns. They will have worked in an agile development team and are used to a fast moving environment.
Specific knowledge and skills:
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services and other cloud products
- In depth knowledge & experience of Linux / Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools OR at the very minimum understanding of Machine Learning concepts
- Enterprise development experience with Programming / scripting languages such as Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
- Experience with one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- Experience Developing and Deploying applications on Docker and/or other container based platforms
- Experience with 1 or more version control (Git (must have) optional- SVN, TFVC)
- Experience in developing software and solution architectures
Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure services for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in software development, project management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in software development and/or system design
- Experience working with large enterprise, preferably in the financial industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.