AWS DevOps Engineer - Bloomberg Law (Contract)
**Please note that this is a contract position**
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. We provide our users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day to day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Our goal is to use innovative technologies leveraging AWS cloud infrastructure to deliver best in class solutions on a fast and reliable web platform that will impact the future practice of law. It's important for us to be efficient and scalable in how we provision, manage and operate the AWS infrastructure while continuing to develop our existing and future projects. Critical to these goals is a need for modern DevOps practices to automate and manage infrastructure as well as to establish best practices for developing reliable and secure systems in hybrid environments. What's in it for you?
This consultant role will be a member of Platform Engineering team to help accelerate migration of critical subsystems of BLAW platform to AWS. You will work with application developers, SREs and Release Engineers to implement best practices in building infrastructure and run applications on AWS platform. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design and implement automation for infrastructure provisioning using infrastructure-as-code solutions (Terraform).
- Design workflows and implement tools for deploying applications on AWS platform (Kubernetes/EKS, CI/CD, GitLab/GitOps).
- Deploy systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform.
- Work alongside application engineers to implement systems that are highly available, scalable and self-healing following best architectural principles recommended by AWS well-architected-framework.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience in developing automated infrastructure in AWS (Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Expertise in Kubernetes, EKS or other container orchestration technologies.
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems and networking.
- 2+ years of experience in AWS infrastructure and related DevOps practices.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.