AWS and Python Developer
Summary Mizuho Alternative Investments (MAI) is a New York-based quantitative asset manager (SEC registered investment adviser and CFTC registered CTA/CPO) with approximately $5b under management and advisory. We are seeking an AWS & Python Developer.
Position Overview: The position will work closely with the firm's quantitative investment team and the operations team to support their IT needs. The position will be responsible for the initial build and ongoing maintenance, administration and improvement of the firm's functional systems and infrastructures, including cloud environment. The DevOps Engineer is expected to design and execute an automated operational process that is efficient, accurate and secure. In addition, the DevOps Engineer's responsibilities will include: deploying system updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations. Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for the role are detailed below:
- Administration of cloud environment
- Linux RHEL Virtual Server administration
- LDAP User maintenance
- Deploy/Destroy instances systematically
- Backups /Configuration
- MySQL DB administration
- User maintenance
- Backups /Replication
- Query Optimization
- Apache Tomcat administration
- Tools such as git, jupyterhub, etc.
- Python programming experience
- Develop custom interfaces for data acquisition from bespoke datasources
- Implementing accounting related computations (based on the input from domain specialists)
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Develop/extend GUI , tools and libraries to access and manipulate data
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- General IT project management involving
- Support firm-wide IT needs
- Interact with various vendors including internal service providers.
- Work with the firm's CCO to carry out responsibilities of the firm's Information Security Policy
- Facilitate and enhance the firm's BCP, working closely with the CAO and the CCO
- Tier 2 technical support
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- 5+ years as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Excellent working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Process and detail oriented with a strong work ethic and team focused attitude.
- BSc in Computer Science in engineering or a relevant field
* Please note that the firm description provided below refers to MAI's parent company, Mizuho Americas. Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Alternative Investments, LLC offers a competitive total rewards package.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.