Accounting, Legal & Compliance Strategy Analyst
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Corporate Platforms & Initiatives group at Two Sigma works with functional groups to design and implement scalable business processes and technology solutions to support the firm's growth. We are looking to add an experienced business analyst / project manager who is passionate about helping our Legal, Compliance and Accounting functional groups get to the next level of excellence. You will take on the following responsibilities:
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Analyzing, documenting and recognizing current processes / patterns within the Legal, Compliance and Accounting teams;
- Identifying key decisions and business, regulatory and other requirements;
- Developing short- and long-term strategies for functional groups and platforms;
- Establishing priorities across diverse stakeholders and timelines;
- Defining success criteria of technology-based solutions and coordinating testing;
- Building metrics and reporting to inform effective decision making;
- Working closely with both dedicated engineers and functional group members;
- Applying and sharing best practices of project management; and
- Supporting the development of Two Sigma's businesses and technical architecture.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- 5-7 years of experience in business analysis, consulting, or internal strategy / business development or a related field
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record
- Exceptionally strong analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Robust process analysis / project management skills with an understanding of financial markets and the investment lifecycle
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations of stakeholders in a timely, fast-paced environment
- Extraordinary strong written and oral communication skills, with special emphasis on presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office (incl. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) a must.
- Team first attitude, putting the team and company goals above individual acknowledgement
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.