- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jul 18
Accounting Policy VP # 110708
- An exciting and challenging role in the Accounting Policy team that is the centre of in-house expertise on accounting rules.
- Work with the team consists of highly qualified CPAs with extensive experience in financial accounting issues specifically with regards to banking.
- Considerable ongoing interaction with a wide group of stakeholders within the finance function (for example: Group Finance, Legal Entity Finance, Product Control, Finance Change) as well as front office, which makes this a highly visible role.
- Our team members meet regularly with peers from other banks both on an ad hoc basis and in more formal forums to discuss accounting issues. The positions will allow the candidate, to continue to develop technical skillsets and to leverage and develop their project management abilities in a collaborative and dynamic team.
- The role offers a high degree of variety and learning opportunity both in terms of product and technical accounting knowledge.
- Frequent interaction with other team members in regulatory assurance, new policy implementation and policy development within the broader APAG team.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- 5+ years work experience in similar position in financial industry or 5+ years work experience as a certified accountant within the banking industry with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards.
- Investment banking or financial services experience, either through hands-on line experience or relevant audit or accounting advisory experience.
- A good understanding of banking products from the wealth management, asset management and investment banking business as well as group internal transactions, e.g. derivatives, securitization, Special Purpose Entities (SPE), transfer of financial assets, structured transactions, business combination.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP with the willingness and ability to quickly adopt IFRS.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate technical data into operational speak and impact analysis for the business.
- Strong communication skills - ability to work across region and function. Includes being able to produce technical education and training material and present this across various forums.
- Problem solving skills (ability to quickly structure, understand, solve complex issues and provide pragmatic solutions) Ability to make this thought-process and the conclusions transparent to management, front office representatives and the various functions within Group Financial reporting and consolidation. This must also include the ability to spot interdependencies, risks and conflicts during the issue resolution process, to address those
- CPA is required.