- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17
Accounts Payable Associate - Part Time
Location: New York, NY, USARole:
As part of the Accounts Payable (AP) team, the Part-Time AP Associate is responsible for assisting the NY based AP team with various administrative tasks that are key to the global AP operations. The global AP operations consists of processing vendor invoices, filing and retrieving documents for audits as well as processing payments to vendors. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service.
- Scanning and routing of Vendor invoices received electronically or via US Mail.
- Filing of bi-weekly pay-cycle folders and scanned invoices
- Gather supporting documentation for internal and external audits
- Create binders for various pay cycles and audits
- Mailing out checks (Overnight and Regular mail)
- Be trained on select tasks as a backup for fellow AP staff when necessary.
- Reconcile Amex BIP monthly statement.
- Assist with preparing VAT recovery documents for 3rd Party provider.
- Assist with Canadian T4A Contractors payments (Similar to US 1099).
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by manager
- This is an entry level position. No prior AP experience necessary, will train.
- Must have strong Microsoft skills.
- Must have strong verbal and communication skills.
- Must have good organizational and follow-up skills.
- Must present and conduct self in a professional manner.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.