Administrative Assistant III
Join a bank like no other. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 35+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
SVB is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant in the Bay Area to support Analytics & Sales Operations (A&SO) and the position provides administrative support to Head of A&SO and the leadership team. A&SO drives sales productivity and growth by providing actionable analytical solutions that identify who to engage, with what offering, and when, while optimizing how we engage those clients via a structured sales process, training, technology and tools.
Administrative Assistant would possess intellectual curiosity to develop a strong command of SVB's business which will allow him/her to use judgment and experience to make independent decisions. A strong sense of urgency, the ability to think beyond the initial set of facts or issues, and a strong orientation towards self-reliance and resourcefulness will distinguish the best candidates. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is needed in resolving problems and making recommendations. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally does not receive work instructions, may determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Overtime may be required. Primary Duties:
- Own the calendar for Head of A&SO and Head of Sales Operations; schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, offsites and department activities for members of the department.
- Coordinating logistics and acting as an on-site contact for business unit events, including Staff Meetings & Offsite Meetings.
- Inputting data and submitting expense reports.
- Compiling Quarterly Reporting
- Approval management in multiple systems, such as team member's expense reports and IT requests; Scheduling interviews for open roles
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary
- Performs creation and development of visual presentations; types and designs general correspondences, memos, presentations (e.g. PowerPoint), graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Acting as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff; budget/project expense tracking, submitting invoices, creating PO's, etc.
- Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, which may include:
- planning and coordinating multiple presentations
- disseminating information;
- Onboarding new team members
- General administrative duties for the expanded team as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in the financial services; bank; or other related business
- 5 or more years of related experience as an administrative professional