Adv Risk Compliance Analytics - Financial Svs Senior Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Adv Risk Compliance Analytics - Financial Svs Senior Associate
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Risk Assurance Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) practice operates nationally to assist risk, compliance, & finance departments of Fortune 500 companies in using data to make better decisions and get faster results through the use of analytics, strategy, tools and data governance. Within the Financial Services space the team focuses on business topics such as AML, Trade Compliance, Regulatory Reporting and Fraud. Within Healthcare the team is focused on topics such as ICD-10, revenue cycle, meaningful use, PCMH, care coordination, healthcare reform and Fraud. Our services range from hands on analytics to strategy projects related to helping organizations transform themselves to use more analytics across their departments. A sample of our services includes:
- Model Development and Tuning
- System Assessment
- Dashboard Development
- Analytics Strategy
- Continuous Monitoring
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of consulting, data analysis, compliance, internal audit or risk experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business fields of study.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success performing on project teams and providing deliverables involving multiphase data analysis related to the evaluation of compliance, finance and risk issuesÃ¢â,¬â€preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Understanding of compliance systems and technology such as Actimize, Mantas, Fiserv, Charles River, Norkom, Optuminsight and customer solutions;
- Evaluating business process, compliance and risk issues;
- Understanding of database concepts, including building relationships between tables, grouping data, and producing cohesive analyses;
- Leveraging data manipulation and analysis technologies inclusive of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Oracle, or DB2;
- Leveraging data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Qlikview and Tableau; and,
- Operating in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist;
- Identifying and obtaining new service opportunities and taking the opportunities through the sales cycle;
- Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining extensive client relationships; and,
- Assisting with the leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success delivering professional ARCA services for a global network of professional services consulting firms and working seamlessly in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations, domestically and globally, including the following areas:
- Collaborating seamlessly in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations, domestically and globally;
- Performing as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client's business;
- Leveraging project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Utilizing creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Approaching clients and team members in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear requests for information; and,
- Utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills used to sell potential opportunities, including a proven track record with identifying and converting potential engagement opportunities and developing market presence.