Agile Business Analyst (Return to Work Program)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at IHS Markit is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At IHS Markit, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
We are currently seeking an Agile Business Analyst to join the IHS Markit Enterprise Data Management team. The Enterprise Data Management team (EDM) platform consistently wins financial industry awards as the best software provider in this area and the product team is essential to this success as they continuously improve the platform. The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) puts quality, audited data at the center of customer's organizations. Its solutions build gold copy masters across all data types, delivering tangible data governance, risk management and compliance frameworks and rationalizing legacy architectures.
As part of the Product Management team, the Business Analyst will gather product requirements, produce user stories and acceptance criteria, and assist with managing the development process to ensure the on-time delivery of product enhancements that are of high value to our customers and profitable for the business. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with clients and internal team members to identify and analyze business and technical needs through user testing, task analysis, design sessions, documentation analysis and other techniques.
- Document and validate business, functional, and non-functional requirements to ensure that the requirements are clear, comprehensive, and testable.
- Work with UI/UX designers to generate design artifacts (wireframes, mock-ups, site maps, etc.)
- Write User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Assist the team in estimation, planning, and project management.
- Work with development and other team members to help translate requirements into software specifications.
- Work with QA to ensure clear and comprehensive test cases.
- Provide support to development and QA to maximize team productivity and ensure on-time delivery.
- Assist the team in generating business cases.
- Assist with product documentation.
- Act as a liaison between business and technology groups to facilitate communication both ways.
- Review client change requests.
- Facilitate meetings and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked.
- 5+ years' experience working as a business analyst within a data driven environment.
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle, across a variety of different delivery methodologies - including Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Strong writer with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely and to translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
- Broad range of business analysis skills, methodologies and techniques including gap analysis, feasibility studies, use case modelling, UML diagramming, etc.
- Strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably.
- Experience in managing and delivering successful complex technology projects.
- Experience with JIRA, or similar work tracking systems.
- Querying languages such as SQL preferred.
- Enterprise Data Management experience preferred.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree preferred.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.