Aladdin Wealth Counsel- Vice President- NY
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is one of the largest, most sophisticated global investment management firms and a leading provider of financial technology solutions to clients worldwide, including its class-leading Aladdin® investment management platform for institutional investors, Aladdin® Wealth and Advisor Center analytics platforms for financial advisors, and FutureAdvisor® digital advisory business. BlackRock's asset management capabilities and technology solutions are enabled by technology and service agreements with world-class providers of hardware, software and hosted solutions, in areas as diverse as artificial intelligence, cloud-based platforms, and trading and markets infrastructure, leveraging solutions at every level of the technology stack.
The Digital Enterprise Legal team within BlackRock is seeking a technology transactional lawyer with confirmed experience in commercial negotiations and contracting to support our business. The role will focus on supporting BlackRock's Aladdin and Aladdin Wealth client businesses, and will include responsibility for negotiating service agreements for the provision of financial technology tools and services to insurance companies, corporate treasuries, asset managers, wealth managers, and other investment management entities on a worldwide basis. Familiarity with fixed income and equities trading infrastructure, including prior experience at trading firms or broker-dealer entities would also be a plus. This role will also involve executing on projects crafted to improve business impact, mitigate legal and regulatory risk, and to enable BlackRock to best serve its clients. You will work closely with the leadership teams across BlackRock Solutions and the Aladdin and Aladdin Wealth Businesses to provide both legal and business mentorship in support of strategic business development activities, ongoing client relationship management and other key initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Analyze, present and advise BlackRock's functional and management teams on corporate and business law issues.
- Negotiate agreements for the provision of enterprise investment systems and financial risk and wealth management tools.
- Support the business development and product development processes by providing key inputs and advice.
- Support broader business requirements, including strategic partnership and vendor relationships, as applicable.
- Work in a fast-paced and multifaceted environment with business groups throughout BlackRock.
- JD (US) / law degree / PGDL qualification (UK) / other equivalent qualification, with 4 to 8 years of experience in commercial negotiations and contracting, preferably at a major law firm (secondment experience a plus) or in-house at a corporate legal department. Language skills (in particular, French, German and Italian) desired.
- Corporate transactional, contracts negotiation and/or commercial transaction experience, preferably with background in technology and intellectual property related matters. Experience in "software as a service" (SaaS) and outsourcing contracts and in direct client-facing negotiations preferred.
- Ability to learn and understand sophisticated technical service offerings and requirements and apply knowledge in negotiation of service contracts.
- Ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyse legal and commercial risks and propose creative solutions.
- Daily interaction with internal business managers and subject matter authorities to address the needs of a growing global business in a thoughtful and practical manner.
- Ability to effectively support a team of senior lawyers, and to assess, calibrate, communicate and handle evolving priorities in a multifaceted and exciting environment.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.