Alcentra Product Management Associate
Alcentra, founded in 2002, is a leading, global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade credit with assets under management of approximately $40 billion. Alcentra employs over 165 people, including more than 70 investment professionals. The firm manages traditional and alternative investment strategies including; US and European senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, structured credit, and multi-strategy credit. Our investors include leading global pension funds, insurance companies, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, banks, and high net worth individuals. Alcentra is majority-owned by BNY Mellon Corporation and is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, and Boston and local presence in Singapore and Hong Kong. BNY Mellon Investment Management:
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions. That is why we designed a model built around investors' needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eight investment firms, one of which is Alcentra. We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
The Product Management Associate will help support Alcentra's growth and evolution by working closely with Sales, Investor Relations, Portfolio Management/Research, Operations, and Legal/Compliance teams. The candidate will be expected to coordinate and address monthly/quarterly reporting deliverables and incoming information requests from clients, consultants and management related to a wide range of globally offered commingled funds, private equity-type funds, hedge funds, retail/UCIT funds, and customized separate accounts. Key Responsibilities:
Our expectation is that people will bring:
- Develop knowledge with respect to Alcentra's investment strategies, markets, products and competitors.
- Assist in the production of marketing materials including presentations, fact sheets, due diligence questionnaires, and tailored proposals.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting (e.g. positioning and performance attribution reports) for funds and separately managed accounts.
- Perform fund and index/benchmark performance analytics.
- Prepare and ensure timely delivery of investor Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Populate and maintain qualitative and quantitative fund and firm information in investment databases and datarooms.
- Collaborate with the Investor Relations and Business Development teams to address ongoing inquiries regarding due diligence questionnaires, account reviews, and periodic performance updates.
- Client Drive
- Efficient Decision Making
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance or finance-related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a financial services firm, asset management field preferred (experience in credit / fixed income strategies a plus); will consider individuals with analytical and/or investment-based backgrounds e.g. rating agencies, middle office/finance, accounting, and operations.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required
- Prior experience with Zephyr, eVestment, PMAPS and/or similar applications a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational abilities and extreme attention to detail
- Flexible, team player able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a collegial, high performance, global environment.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York- Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
Alcentra Group-HR13364 Requisition Number: