As a Barclays Algo Reliability Engineer, you will help develop strategy, design and implement an infrastructure that is closely coupled with the execution environment, and processes that deal with the unique challenges posed by testing and simulation of trading algorithms. You will play a critical role in building algorithms and model based business logic used in electronic trading in Markets.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and delivering testing functionality (requirements gathering, specification, design, development, deployment)
- Identifying re-use and improvement opportunities of existing infrastructure
- Helping to develop cloud based calibration and back-testing frameworks, while working closely with Algo owners
- Liaising with Statistical Modelling and Development developers to understand the existing algo functionality
- You will be proactively identifying problems and issues and finding resolutions of them
- Communicating and interacting with clients about portfolio transactions
- Designing the right modern infrastructure to tackle the unique challenges of testing, back-testing and simulation algorithms for electronic trading
- Building innovative tech solutions that will enable our testing to become both better and easier and hence support the growth of algorithmic trading.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Mathematics
- JVM multi-threading concurrent, Fork/ Join, lock-free data structures
- Proven programming skills (e.g Java development in a shared codebase and tools)
- Previous experience of using build tools (e.g. maven or equivalent)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Curiosity about modern tech ideas and practices and technological ways to make things better
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.