Alternative Investment Fund Services Team - Investment Management Operations
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
This Operations group supports the alternative hedge fund business for Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), providing back office services including portfolio manager support, vendor oversight, client services, portfolio accounting, investor services and client reporting.
Background on the Team
The position would be responsible for providing support to the AIP Hedge Fund Services team based in New York. Support would broadly involve due diligence over fund service providers, preparation of various fund reports, responding to business and client requests for information, performing position and valuation checks, and invoice processing. This position would also require the individual to work closely with the Fund Services Team based in New York and will also involve liaison and interaction with global service providers who support the AIP Hedge Fund.
- Review of portfolio and investor level data
- Daily NAV Analysis
- Monthly review of expenses and invoice processing
- Quarterly Board Reporting
- Review of Financials Statements
- Regulatory Reporting Annual/Semi Annual accounts filed with the Regulators.
- Investor servicing and review of docs
- Involvement in other projects related to the job function and perform related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Sound accounting and hedge fund market knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation toward strict attention to detail.
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates Commitment to Control and Risk Management.
- Demonstrates Teamwork and Builds Networks.
- Ability to think out of the box and look for creative solutions
- Ideal candidate should have up to 7 years of experience in Investment Management Operations, and have exposure to Hedge Fund Accounting