Alternative Investments Client Services Associate - Wealth Management Operations
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Global Wealth Management Operations provides brokerage, investment and financial services to hundreds of thousands of individual investors. We apply our expertise in serving institutional clients to create new opportunities for people to achieve their personal financial goals. Morgan Stanley has one of the largest retail brokerage networks, with numerous worldwide representatives and retail locations. Our services are tailored to each client's investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial needs. Products include mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and alternative investments where appropriate, as well as banking, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
Alternative Investments Client Service is the relationship manager to the Financial Advisor teams. The Client Service team provides first class service on all Alternative Investment Operational Items. Team members must maintain understanding of the Operational Structure of the Funds on Morgan Stanley platform.
Alternative Investments Client Services:
- Maintain relationships with Fund Managers and Business Partners
- Provide premier Operational services to high profile Financial Advisors
- Ability to flex between high volume of Financial Advisors requests/calls and other tasks/projects
- Streamline and maintain the tax reporting process for AI products
- AD Hoc Projects and Reports required by management Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Alternative Investments knowledge a plus
- 3-4 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment