Alternatives Consultant Relations AM Real Estate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to hire an experienced Alternatives Consultant Relations professional, with a focus on marketing PIMCO's existing and future suite of real estate products. The individual will be responsible for guiding and directing PIMCO's alternatives' consultant relationships across global, regional and specialty firms, with a focus on real estate. The role will focus on generating and monetizing new ratings, as well as, and leading ongoing client service of real estate professionals at these consultant relationships. The individual will work closely with a wide variety of internal teams, prospects, and clients to drive alternatives sales in real estate strategies.
The Alternatives Consultant Specialist will be part of PIMCO's Consultant Relations team. The role is to be based in Newport Beach, CA or New York City, NY.
This position requires a dynamic, commercial, and collaborative professional. The successful candidate will:
- Engage with global, regional and specialty consulting firms to maintain current ratings/endorsements and win additional endorsements/ratings with a focus on real estate.
- Have a proven history of generating consultant approvals in alternatives, specifically in real estate strategies across the risk and liquidity spectrum (e.g. core, core+, value add, opportunistic and debt) across the risk spectrum in
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and develop strong relationships with research and field professionals at consultant firms
- Exhibit extensive knowledge of the real estate and broader alternatives investment landscape and successfully position PIMCO's platform with consultants
- Follow and communicate alternative industry/consultant trends and developments
- Plan and prioritize investment professional roadshows based on consultant demand and product relevance/readiness
- Demonstrate the ability to earn the trust and credibility of fellow Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals and to collaborate effectively.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Alternatives Consultant Specialist will be responsible for driving new consultant approvals in commercial real estate, collaborating with PIMCO stakeholders to translate these approvals into investments, and maintaining existing ratings for PIMCO's alternative investment strategies.
- Develop and execute a business plan in conjunction with Consultant Relations team to drive growth in PIMCO's commercial real estate investment strategies.
- Lead real estate engagement with US-based consulting firms (traditional and specialty)
- In partnership with Account Managers and Product Strategists, work with consultants to assess investment needs of institutional investors and recommend suitable solutions
- Contribute to efforts to promote PIMCO alternatives through conferences, events and other branding strategies.
REQUIREMENTS, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- 5-10+ years of consultant relations experience in alternatives
- A specific background selling real estate strategies (lending and real estate equity), with strong pre-existing consultant relationships in the space.
- This person will be a highly respected and successful executive amongst the real estate LP community.
- An advanced degree such as an MBA is preferred for this role and/or a CFA or CAIA designation.
This individual will:
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess deep knowledge of commercial real estate investment strategies, portfolio management, and the competitive landscape.
- Appreciate the consultant research/ratings process and have familiarity with the multiple players involved.
- Displays a strong commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to influence others
- Effective communicator of complex investment ideas with experience speaking credibly and clearly with regard to real estate investing relative to other asset classes
- Strong sense of ethics and integrity
- A low-ego and an extremely driven and team-oriented collaborative approach
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office