Americas Head of Core Distribution - Eastern Region - Director
Position Overview Job Title:
Americas Head of Core Distribution - Eastern Region Corporate Title:
Chicago, IL Business Description
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 745bn of assets under management (as of June 2019). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team. Overview
The Americas Institutional Coverage business is responsible for representing DWS through the sale of Active, Passive, and Alternative solutions to Pension Funds, Mutual Funds, Money Managers, Insurance Companies Commercial Trusts, and Endowment Funds to drive net-new assets across the whole of the DWS product suite and improve retention of assets under management.
The Head of Core for the Eastern Region is a highly strategic and critical role, with overall responsibility for setting and delivering the distribution strategy covering institutional clients, including Endowments, Foundations, Pension and Taft-Hartley across the Eastern region of the Americas. What We Offer You:
Your Key Responsibilities:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
Your Skills and Experience:
- Leading a team of sales professionals to help position a defined set of investment strategies to Core institutional clients across the Eastern Americas region
- Developing new client relationships and supporting existing relationships within the product scope - with a primary focus on the core client base
- Driving collaboration towards cross-selling opportunities within the wider Coverage business to support franchise goals and objectives
- Participating in the development of business plans with senior management and responsibility for the implementation of these plans in support of franchise goals and objectives
- Successfully lead and motivate your team to advance employee engagement and build a cohesive performance culture
- Extensive institutional distribution experience, with the ability to set the strategic direction to a regional team, and develop new relationships for franchise growth
- Strong investment acumen and proven strategic thinking with an established record of driving new asset growth
- Proven ability to execute strategically and tactically on a day-to-day basis
- Strong leadership skills
- Series 7, 63, 24
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.