- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAThis is an exciting and challenging role where you will s erve as the primary Analyst on a portfolio of project and infrastructure finance issuers with responsibility for ensuring rating accuracy, offering insightful credit analysis, and regularly publishing research on a range of project and infrastructure finance credit-related topics. As Analyst, you will lead issuer meetings, present your views to rating committees, and interact with investors and bankers. As such, this New York-based opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the Project Finance and Infrastructure sectors.
All duties performed with minimal supervision and guidance from team leader and the managing director.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of issuers. Portfolio will include municipal infrastructure entities such as airports, public power, toll roads, and seaports, as well as project finance entities
- Recommend ratings for new transactions for a variety of issuers and security types, and through regular surveillance, maintain rating accuracy of assigned infrastructure and project finance portfolio
- Independently present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions and demonstrate sound credit judgment and strong knowledge of Moody's methodologies
- Lead issuer meetings including on-site visits and communicate professionally with investors and bankers with some supervision
- Publish high-quality research on pertinent credit events and sector trends
- Substantially contribute to other sector research , such as outlooks and methodologies
- Build relationships with investors, underwriters and issuers and manage key strategic relationships
- Ensure robust broad thinking about credit and rating consistency across regions and sectors
Public, Project and Infrastructure Finance
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's) with at least 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA, Master's)
- Relevant credit research experience is desirable
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Strong quantitative aptitude, proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment and capability of developing independent opinions and defending views
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with issuer's senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and contribute to a large and diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and exercise initiative
- Knowledge of the municipal debt and project finance debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets would be advantageous.
- Fluency in languages other than English would be helpful
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.