Analyst/Associate - Credit Risk Allowance & Portfolio Analysis (Global Wholesale Credit Risk)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture
About The Team
The Global Allowance for Loan Loss Team resides within the Credit Risk organization. The team is responsible for the overall Allowance program to establish and regularly review the adequacy of the allowance. This includes ownership of the methodology, consolidation, coordination, analysis, and recommendation of the allowance to the senior management.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Wholesale Global Allowance Team is looking for an Analyst to join the Allowance team. The candidate will work closely with various stakeholders throughout the Firm, including Credit Risk, Risk Analytics, MRM, Finance, and Accounting and Credit Policy.
• Perform End to End Quarterly Allowance Process under the new CECL framework
• Run the CECL model and assist in related analysis
• Analyze and understand the trends in the various portfolios and allowance results
• Perform various ad-hoc analyses to inform decision making
• Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior management, the board and regulators Qualifications:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to connect dots and solve problems