Analyst/Associate - Risk Analysis & Reporting
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture Background on the Position
Morgan Stanley seeks a professional for a multi-disciplined Risk Reporting function for the Firm Risk Management department. The individual will cover a diverse range of responsibilities related to the management of investment and
trading risk information for the Firm across all asset classes. To be successful, candidates will need to have a relevant educational background (economics, finance, mathematics and statistics), a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work independently on a multidisciplinary, multi-regional team. Information processed in the department is confidential and thus the candidate must demonstrate integrity. Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain risk reports covering fixed income, commodity and equity trading activities as well as loans and wealth management for senior management and risk managers
- Collaborate with desk risk management to analyze exposure drivers and prepare supporting information to back conclusions
- Perform trend and variance analysis on risk sensitivities, exposures and VAR
- Coordinate with contributors to put together weekly/monthly/quarterly Risk Committee materials for Firm Management and the Board.
- Manage ad-hoc requests from senior management to ensure timely and accurate responses
- Review and prepare responses to requests from regulators and internal auditors
- Evaluate existing reporting processes to identify potential areas for improvement
- Liaise with other groups within the firm on cross-functional projects
- 0 - 4 years working experience in a risk or front-office trading function.
- Academic achievement in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, science or engineering is preferable.
- Higher degrees or other qualifications related to any of the above areas will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of financial products and market risk principles
- Experience with VBA and databases/SQL is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tool (Power BI) is preferred
- FRM/CFA is preferred