Analyst - Infrastructure, Power & Renewables
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Overview of Role
The North American Infrastructure, Power & Renewables group is looking for exceptional Analysts to work closely within the team to deliver high quality M&A and debt advisory services to a range of our clients. The Analyst will have the opportunity to support a broad range of transactions with significant client exposure and deal management responsibilities from the start. This is a role with a significant growth opportunity for a highly professional team-oriented individual, who has the dedication and enthusiasm to help successfully develop our franchise.
Given the global nature of our firm and broad reach of our M&A practice, this role will involve working collaboratively with colleagues across North America from other industry coverage teams and globally on international / cross-border projects. Rothschild & Co is looking for long-term team players who will thrive in a work environment that combines the stability of our 200 year heritage together with the dynamic growth we are building in North America. Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Day-to-day execution of multiple M&A and project finance transactions across the North American infrastructure, transportation, power, renewables and utility sectors, working with different project teams simultaneously on all aspects of transactions
- Conduct extensive quantitative and qualitative economic, industry, credit and company research and analysis
- Conduct detailed financial modeling and valuation analyses focused on combined infrastructure discounted cash flow and project financing models, including modeling three-statement integrated financial models and associated valuation outputs/sensitivities
- Spearhead analysis of broad range of corporate finance transactions for reviewing strategic alternatives, optimal capital structure, acquisitions, mergers and capital market's events
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, debt structuring and refinancing/restructuring alternatives, as well as associated internal documentation through coordination with internal and external resources
- Attend client meetings, industry conferences, and external training sessions
- Adhere to all compliance regulations and confidentiality policies
- Prior experience of the above-referenced work in a similar role within a major investment banking firm or commercial bank
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and communication skills
- Experience building financial models and valuations, analyzing financial statements and related data to assess historical financial performance and future outlook for client companies and prospects
- Knowledge of the relevant financial and regulatory environments that surrounds M&A
- M&A and/or project financing deal execution experience within the North American infrastructure, transportation, power, renewables and utility sectors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing different responsibilities and priorities
- Ability to build a strong working environment within the team, across lines of business and across different geographies
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Rothschild & Co North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Disabled/Veterans
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.