Analyst - Risk Analytics (Risk Management)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firms employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Doing the Right Thing
2. Putting Clients First
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
5. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
- Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
- Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
- Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Managements unique franchise promotes:
- Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Credible, independent decision-making
- Organizational influence
- Creative and practical solutions
- Meritocratic and diverse culture
Morgan Stanley's Risk Analytics department that resides within FRM performs quantitative analysis on the Firm's Credit, Market, and Operational risk exposures. The department's primary objective is to measure and project risks across the Firm to support executive decisions and protect the Firm. Risk Analytics has main presence in New York and London, also attracts talent in Budapest and Mumbai.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst in its Credit Risk Analytics group. The Credit Risk Analytics group develops, maintains and monitors the performance of Credit Risk and Stress Testing models for Morgan Stanley's portfolio of assets, as required by the regulatory framework and the Firms risk management needs.
The new hire will join Credit Stress Testing and Portfolio Analytics team:
- To participate in research, development and implementation of credit risk models
- Perform econometric analyses to support methodology development
- Perform backtests, stress tests, scenario analyses and sensitivity studies
- Conduct on-demand analyses of model changes
- Perform data analyses for various purposes
- Collaborate with global teams Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Physics or Engineering; Advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience in Finance is not necessary
- An internal drive to challenge and improve models with quantitative methods
- Clear thinking, good business sense and judgment
- Genuine and broad interest in financial markets - Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal