Analyst - US Wealth Advisory Product Structure & Oversight Team
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s U.S. Wealth Advisory business manages the firm’s relationships with U.S. retail investors and financial advisors. Representing a full suite of strategies – from iShares ETFs and mutual funds to SMAs and sub-advisory relationships – U.S. Wealth Advisory’s mandate is to deliver “One BlackRock” to retail.
The U.S. Wealth Advisory Product Structure & Oversight team partners with other groups across BlackRock to design and implement BlackRock’s product development strategy in the U.S. retail market. The team is also responsible for the ongoing management of the existing U.S. mutual funds, including product consolidation and repositioning. Our group, reporting to the Head of Investments and Portfolio Solutions for U.S. Wealth Advisory, connects the U.S. Wealth Advisory business to other functional areas within the firm as well as with the mutual fund boards of directors.
We are looking for an Analyst to join the U.S. Wealth Advisory Product Structure & Oversight team to help support product-related strategic initiatives and daily product management activities. This individual will work with the broader U.S. Wealth Advisory Investments and Portfolio Solutions team to support the positioning and sales of one or more asset classes by ensuring that we have the right products to meet current and future investor demand and that those products are structurally competitive. This individual will also support new product development of U.S. mutual funds, as well as product management initiatives across our existing product lineup.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Given the broad range of projects and collegial business culture, the candidate should feel comfortable working with teams and engaging across functional areas.
- Participate in managing BlackRock’s U.S. mutual fund product line and development initiatives, including strategy and execution of fund changes and new product launches
- Support the development and refinement of presentations for senior executives and the mutual fund boards of directors
- Work with functional teams (including investment management, marketing, operations, and legal) on various fund-related initiatives, including support of existing products and design of new funds
- Develop an understanding of the structural, operational and sales aspects of the full product line
- Keep abreast of industry trends to identify product gaps and ensure BlackRock’s retail product line is well positioned for current shareholders and future growth
- Conduct competitive fund analysis using tools such as Morningstar, Lipper, and Simfund
- Act as a contact and product expert for product-related questions from internal partners and outside vendors
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Approximately 1 to 3 years of work experience
- BA/BS required
- Series 7 & Series 66 preferred or expected to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail with project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively across BlackRock
- Self-starter; ability to work well with others on a team and independently
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex concepts and to problem solve
- High energy, flexible, motivated individual with a commitment to excellence
- Consultative, analytic mindset and creative aptitude
- Ability to represent BlackRock in a professional manner with long-term ability to interface directly and substantively with senior business leaders
- Familiarity with the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the U.S. retail advisor industry preferable but not required
- Finance, consulting, legal, fund accounting or product implementation background helpful but not required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.