- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
The Analyst with his/her prior experience in Corporate Accounting and audit firms along with strong accounting and analytical skills will ensure timely and accurate preparation of transactions and journal entries with relevant and appropriate supporting documentations. Take an active part in our monthly, quarterly, and annual close process to ensure all accounts are being reconciled properly and books are being closed on time following the Company's close-to-report calendar. This position will report to and work with the Vice President - Mortgage Banking Accounting and will work with other individuals of the various Accounting groups.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, knowledge of Company accounting policies and professional judgment to determine or recommend appropriate recording of transactions and/or in reviewing transactions under your supervision.
- Ensure the proper and continuous flow of accounting activities needed to maintain accurate complete financial records.
- Participate in the setup and accounting maintenance of newly acquired entities and financing structures (Joint Ventures, CLOs, other securitization structures, etc.).
- Maintain effective communication with other departments as a basis for assuring complete and accurate financial information and appropriate documentation
- Serve as the initial decision-maker for accounting transactions and determine proper accounting treatment and GL coding.
- Prepare daily, monthly & quarterly journal entries.
- Ensure accurate reconciliations to sub ledgers and third-party documentation.
- Ensure proper documentation and support for monthly account reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, analyze reconciling items, and propose corrections to the general ledger as necessary.
- Review general ledger coding to ensure accuracy for both accounts payable and wire transfers
- Serve as contact for inquiries, problems, and exceptions related to the review of account reconciliations.
- Prepare analyses and ad hoc requests for management.
- Provide explanations for monthly, quarterly, and annual analytical reviews for the corporate business units' balance sheet and results of operations.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Two plus years of general ledger accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred
- Ability to resolve and analyze accounting issues in-depth according to GAAP.
- Advanced Excel skills and strong overall PC proficiency.
- Experience with JD Edwards E1 general ledger system a strong plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Manage multiple tasks, projects, and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees including management to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Adaptable to changing environment/technology.
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Requires a self-motivated individual who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment and demonstrate GAAP accounting knowledge and skills. Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues and can effective communicate with all levels of the organization.