Analyst, Fundamental Equities Product Strategist
Description About this role Analyst/Associate, Fundamental Equities Product Strategist Business Unit Overview:
Our Product Strategists are a critical component of our investment success. They are seasoned investment professionals that partner with our portfolio managers and act as the link between them and client relationship managers, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product strategists represent their respective investment teams to both internal and external clients, acting as a specialized source of product and market knowledge. Product strategists are embedded within investment teams allowing them to deliver the highest quality investment communication to all clients globally.
Fundamental Equities (FE) is a key division in BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group (PMG), with over $220bn of assets under management and over 340 investment professionals. FE has a global footprint with hubs across the Americas, APAC and EMEA regions and our teams use traditional analytics to pick stocks and assemble coherent, deliberate and diversified portfolios.
Job Purpose/Background: We are actively searching for a Fundamental Equities product strategist based in either New York, NY or Princeton, NJ. The role's primary responsibilities include working with senior product strategists, portfolio managers, and BlackRock's retail & institutional sales teams in promoting the US Income & Value or Sector & Thematic products globally. The individual will work in partnership with sales, global marketing and other key partners to support the products. This will include representing our products to clients, prospects and internal partners via spoken and written communication as well as working on marketing materials, RFPs, and responding to client queries.
The successful candidate will possess a growing knowledge of equity markets, the mutual fund marketplace, investment management and global economics. They will also have a strong understanding of the needs of a very wide range of clients. Additionally, the candidate must have outstanding communication skills and the ability to form positive relationships and work across the organization.
- Partner with sales, marketing, and EII teams to drive sales efforts and asset retention, including developing messaging and disseminating information and data regarding our funds and broader markets.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of marketing materials for all strategies and product offerings.
- Evaluate performance attribution and communicate portfolio performance to internal partners and external clients.
- Assist in the completion of RFPs and ad-hoc investor requests as well as coordinate and/or participate in updating investor performance reporting.
- Write market/investment commentaries for investors, shareholders, current clients and prospects.
- Work alongside senior product strategists and portfolio managers to deliver an outstanding experience for clients, prospects and internal partners.
- Partner with relationship managers (retail, institutional, & iShares) to represent our capabilities and engage clients, prospects, consultants and intermediaries on BlackRock's US Income & Value or Sector & Thematic product ranges.
- Provide ongoing business support for the senior product strategists on the team in the pursuit of strategy and business growth.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a finance, business or analytical subject. MBA, other advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of equities.
- Ability to understand and articulate fund management strategies & equity market performance clearly and with confidence to effectively represent products both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation as well as oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong level of self-direction, ownership, organization and initiative.
- Collaborative with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skills using proprietary BlackRock technology.
- Understanding of financial markets and investment implications.
- Series 7 and 63 highly desired, must be attained within six months of hire if not already licensed
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.