- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 Jul 18
Analyst, Product Development - Asset Management
Asset Management is seeking an analyst to join the business unit's Product Development team.
The team leads targeted business strategy projects and strategic transactions, including acquisitions and new partnership agreements. It also watches the evaluation, development and launch of many of the business unit's new investment boutiques and products. The role is based in New York with global responsibility and regular communication and coordination with all of the bank's regions -Americas, APAC, EMEA, and Switzerland.
As an analyst, you will:
• Have the opportunity to weigh in significantly to the team and participate in a broad range of projects
• Work closely with the team and subject matter experts (SMEs) across our functional areas, you will support the evaluation and development of new businesses and investment products and work on high priority strategic analyses
• Be expected to perform detailed financial analysis and synthesize information from diverse sources, including internal SMEs and general market research
• Assist in finding opportunities to help CS AM expand by developing and launching new lines of business working alongside key support areas and our investment management boutiques
• Play a role in handling our multi-year strategic planning process and developing improved connectivity both across our investment boutiques, as well as with our global distribution network
• Actively lead projects, work with others to resolve issues and regularly communicate to our senior management team on project status and progress
• Report into the Business Development Team
You are highly motivated and exhibit a history of outstanding performance.
You should feel at ease working in an entrepreneurial environment and acting as a creative thinker.
You will exhibit the following skills: validated problem solving capabilities and the ability to develop an opinion based on abstract information.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills, confidence in collaborating with senior executives, excellent project management skills, and a real passion for learning.
• You work with senior management to help formulate new business opportunities and prioritize key initiatives
• You coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure timely review and launch of new businesses initiatives and new boutiques
• You perform competitor reviews, analytics and measurement of essential metrics in order to improve the general knowledge of the group, evaluate contending positioning, and inform strategic decision-making
• You collaborate with finance and the business teams to model economics of new businesses and products, assist with business plan forecasting and scenario analysis
• You liaise across the Bank to coordinate and resolve specific issues that arise during the course of specific projects
• You ensure appropriate documentation on new initiatives to ensure compliance with CS controls and regulatory requirements
Requirements & Skills
• 1-2 years direct working experience in asset management, investment banking or consulting
• Undergraduate degree required
• Highly analytical with strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong excel/financial modeling skills required
• Skilled at building consensus across a broad base of constituents and at developing and sustaining internal and external support for new initiatives
• High-energy, inquisitive, and the necessary initiative to work in a small, entrepreneurial team
• Strong leadership and team orientation
• Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• The highest standards of personal conduct, professional performance, business ethics, and leadership qualities