Analyst, Research - GRE
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Analyst, Research - GRE
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TH Real Estate is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $104 billion in AUM. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With offices in 18 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, over 450 professionals and 60 years of investing experience, the platform offers impressive local expertise coupled with a sophisticated global perspective.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This 'Tomorrow's World' approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society. Please visit www.threalestate.com for more information.
The analyst will provide research and analysis in support of real estate investment activity in the US The analyst interacts with the US and global research team as well as the product development, portfolio management, and acquisitions teams. The analyst will be expected to support the US global research staff in order to provide our clients with best in class investment strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participates in economic and real estate research by identifying and collecting data
- Writes deal level investment committee memos for acquisitions and attends investment committee meetings to explain viewpoints on each deal
- Leading the maintenance and updates of databases and regular analytical reports and tools used for market analyses
- Contributes to written and verbal communications that are used for client presentations, regulatory filings, and capital raising activities
- Evaluates local market dynamics and trends in order to create strategic investment recommendations
- Support of portfolio strategy with a focus on performance analytics
- 20% - 30% of the job requires traveling to regional offices
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field (real estate, economics, mathematics, finance, urban planning)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expertise with Excel
- Familiarity with Access, Argus, GIS, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with commercial real estate fundamentals and terminology
- Familiarity with statistical techniques a plus Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Time management and prioritization skills
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.