Analyst / Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Assured Guaranty Corp.
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
The Structured Finance Team provides credit enhancement for a wide variety of capital driven structured products for financial institutions, corporate securitizations, and financings of financial assets. Areas of significant activity include insurance securitization, whole business securitization and other esoteric asset monetizations and securitizations. These transactions may contain elements of corporate or financial institution credit risk, collateral value risk, interest rate risk or insurance-related risks.
• Assist in the development, writing and presentation of underwriting recommendations.
• Creation of spread sheet based financial models.
• Assist in the performance of due diligence.
• Work with rating agencies as part of shadow rating process.
• Research and compile industry trends/data.
• Research and development of new sectors.
• Other special projects and duties as required.
Specific skills, competencies, resources and/or software/technology used on the job
• General financial knowledge of fixed income capital markets (knowledge of structured finance useful but not required).
• Ability to interact with clients, senior management and other departmental members.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent computer literacy including Excel, Word and PowerPoint (cash flow modeling experience useful).
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small, cohesive team.
Education, certifications and/or experience requirements
• Undergraduate degree from top-tier university, preferably with a focus on finance, accounting or other quantitative discipline
• Experience desired: 2 – 5 years, depending on qualifications
Please e-mail all resumes and cover letters