Analyst / Associate - Investor Relations/ Investments - Healthcare (Biotech)
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
Our client is a global investment research and advisory firm focused on healthcare (biotech) who are looking to hire Analyst / Associate within their investor relations team. Each of these candidates should have a background in healthcare, ideally within biotech and the relevant experience/skill set in Investor Relations, Equity Research and/or Investment Banking.
The positions within Investor Relations will report directly into the Global Head of Investor Relations.
Responsibilities & Job Requirements - Investor Relations (Analyst & Associate):
- Independently manage a portfolio of client companies within the healthcare space (specifically within biotech clients), developing and executing a program of investor relations activity and reporting to the Global Head of Investor Relations.
- Lead pitches with the business development team and create sales opportunities, cross-selling other business services (ex: research) when applicable.
- Develop relationships with corporate brokers, financial PR advisors and professional investors in order to increase the firm's network and brand exposure.
- Supervise and execute the delivery of non-deal roadshows for portfolio client companies.
- Work with the rest of the IR team as well as other internal teams to supervise delivery of investor relations products (ex: perception surveys, conferences & events, etc.)
- Produce quarterly reports for client companies within portfolio, monthly internal reports on activity levels.
- Consistently build and foster relationships with the buy-side community in order to expand the firm's investor relations service offering.
- Keep up with the research of investment trends within global financial community in order to continue improving the firm's investor relations offering to existing and prospective clients.
- Interact with clients during presentations and deal executions.
- Analyst role - minimum 1 - 3 years of experience, Associate: 3 - 6 years of experience.
- Candidates must have healthcare experience as well as prior investor relations/advisory experience servicing corporate & financial clients
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize, as you will work on multiple projects at one time with tight deadlines
- College degree (either undergraduate or graduate) in science, healthcare, neuroscience, biology, etc. strongly preferred**