Analyst / Associate - Risk Stress Testing Framework
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture Position Description
Morgan Stanley seeks an Analyst or Associate level candidate to join the Firm Risk Management Stress Testing Team which oversees the alignment of methodologies, processes and infrastructure across departments and regions. The role involves being a member of the broader FRM Stress Testing Portfolio Team which works closely with FRM and other stakeholders on governing and executing the FRM Stress Testing Framework. This position offers opportunities to gain exposure to all aspects of stress testing and to work in close collaboration with Market risk, Credit risk, Risk Analytics, Risk COO and IT, as well as other regions and departments within the Firm. Primary job responsibilities include:
• Set up cadence meetings and coordinate with stakeholders across Market and Credit Risk, Risk Analytics and Infrastructure to understand, document and track the scope of work across methodologies, processes and infrastructure alignment
• Maintain scope, roadmap and project plan and set up and track metrics to measure progress of the FRM Stress Testing Framework horizontal alignment effort
• Analyze and summarize the status updates, in coordination with stakeholders, for senior management reporting
• Identify and communicate project risks and issues and track the related remediation and action items
• Create materials for the senior management and committee meetings by producing documentation and presentations for the effective communication of the key information Qualifications: Skills Required
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects and workload
• Self-motivator and team player who brings a can-do approach
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
• Bachelor's degree (minimum); Excellent academic background
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint